Commercial litigation refers to any type of litigation related to business disputes and issues. For example, fraudulent trade practices and the misuse of intellectual property are two issues that might necessitate commercial litigation. Kirk Law Firm, PLLC handles all aspects of commercial litigation – contracts, business formations, business dissolutions, and all other financial arrangements. If you are involved in any type of business dispute, it is in your best interest to seek legal counsel immediately. A hardworking Houston commercial litigation lawyer from our firm could provide dedicated assistance.
Types of Commercial Litigation
- Deceptive or Fraudulent Practices – When a company misrepresents its products or services, it should be held accountable. Consumer protection laws exist to protect consumers, other companies, and investors. If deception or fraud can be proven, the plaintiff may be entitled to compensation for damages and legal fees.
- Misuse of Intellectual Property – Types of protected intellectual property include copyrights, trademarks, and patents. If a valuable trade secret is shared outside of its designated confines, the individual or company that violated its secrecy may be found liable in a court of law. Intellectual property is an extremely complex area of the law. In order to constitute a violation, several factors are taken into consideration. These include the information’s value, the ease with which it can be obtained by outside sources, and whether reasonable efforts were in place to protect its secrecy.
- Antitrust and Trade Litigation – Issues such as price discrimination, monopolization, trademark infringement, business and distribution arrangements, and criminal violations of antitrust laws all fall under the umbrella of antitrust and trade litigation.
- Violations of Securities Law – When deceptive practices are discovered in connection with the purchase or sale of mutual funds, stocks and bonds, and any other type of securities, it can result in both civil and criminal litigation.
- Breaches of Contract – Contract breaches can occur for myriad reasons, including vendor disputes, real estate transactions, and written or verbal agreements to provide goods or services.
- Employment Disputes – Disputes between employer and employee can occur for just about any reason. However, the most common issues involve discrimination, pension benefits, and overtime pay.
One of our knowledgeable attorneys in Houston could assess the circumstances to determine which form of commercial litigation is necessary for a client’s unique case.
Contact a Kirk Law Attorney about Commercial Litigation Matters
Commercial disputes can be easy and uncomplicated, or they can be long, drawn out matters that take multiple years to resolve. If you are involved in any type of business or corporate dispute, the attorneys at the Kirk Law Firm, PLLC can help. Our skilled commercial litigation attorneys have extensive experience in all facets of corporate and business law, including non-compete agreements, product liability, and government contracts. We will evaluate the details of your case to determine the best legal strategy for moving forward. Our litigators understand that when your business is on the line, your reputation and financial future likely are as well. We will fight to protect your rights and help you resolve your issue in a timely, efficient manner. Don’t try and figure things out on your own. The wrong move could cost a lot more than you think. Contact the Kirk Law Firm,PLLC today for a free consultation about your case.