Hailstorms frequently affect our Texas communities and account for about 20-25% of hailstorm damage claims filed in the United States. When your property is affected by a storm, take a couple of steps before promptly filing an insurance claim.
Filing an insurance claim for hail damage may feel daunting, as following the insurance claim steps precisely is vital for your claim to be processed smoothly. If you need help during the claim process, call Kirk Law Firm, PLLC. Our Texas hailstorm damage attorneys can handle the claim process for you.
Filing a Claim for Hailstorm Damage in Texas
When a storm damages your home or business, taking the following steps before filing a claim could prove vital to the success of your claim:
- Assess the damage: It is important to assess the damage to your property. If there are any leaks or other roof failure that should be addressed immediately to prevent further damage or injury.
- Document property damage: Next, document any damage to the interior or exterior of your home or business, and personal property. Photographs, videos, descriptions of the damage, and estimated value are all helpful to insurance companies.
- Notify your insurance company of damage: Give prompt notice to your insurance company of the loss. It is important to file a claim in a timely manner. An insurance adjuster could ask for a Proof of Loss. Speak with a Texas hailstorm damage lawyer about how to best document your claim.
Document all communication: It is important to keep a record of all communication with your insurance company as well as a timeline of events after your loss.
Steps to Take After Filing an Insurance Claim
After you file a claim, take the following steps to strengthen your case and ensure the process runs efficiently:
- Review your homeowner’s insurance policy: Review your insurance policy to determine coverage and limits. Understanding the scope of coverage will help you understand what you’re entitled to after you have received a claim decision.
- Meet with the insurance adjuster: The insurance company will send an adjuster to assess property damage. You want to make sure they are getting on the roof and assessing all damage to the property. No need for you to get on the roof.
- Obtain your own estimate for repairs: Insurance companies will try to minimize the amount of damage and coverage. You will want your own estimate to compare with the insurance company.
If you receive a claim decision that is denied or with an estimate below your deductible or your own repair estimate, call a Texas hailstorm damage lawyer at the Kirk Law Firm, PLLC. We will review your policy, claim decision, and estimate, for the best course of action for full compensation for repairs to your property.
Contact a Texas Hailstorm Damage Attorney for Assistance
You might wonder when you should consider involving an attorney. Every claim involves unique circumstances, for simplicity, if your claim is being delayed, underpaid, or denied you should reach out to an attorney to discuss your options.
When hailstorms hit, it impacts large areas and frequently, insurance companies see thousands of claims causing delays in payment, inadequate oversight, and denial or underpayment of legitimate claims. When you hire an attorney, you protect your property from bad faith insurance practices. The trusted legal professionals at Kirk Law Firm, PLLC, have helped countless clients pursue coverage to repair their homes. Call us today to schedule a free consultation.